Phyllis .


The word, “No,” is a staple in the entrepreneur’s vocabulary. More than likely you’ve heard more “No’s” than “Yes’s” when it comes to selling your product or service. But if you want to be a better sales person, the best thing to do is learn from the, “No’s.” How? Just ask your customer why they said no.

Increase Sales by Not Selling on Your First Date

So often people in business hope and expect to sell their product or service the first time they meet a prospect. Yet studies show that only 2% of sales occur in that first meeting. Generally speaking, those 2 percenters already know they’re going to buy from you the minute you walk in the door. The other 98% need to know they can trust that you will deliver what they want. In fact, many studies show that there is an average of 5 follow-ups before a customer will say, “yes!”

Given that fact, why do so many sales people give up? Here’s some sad statistics:

  • 44% of sales people give up after one “no”

  • 22% give up after two “nos”

  • 14% give up after three “nos”

  • 12% give up after four “nos”

Just Ask Why! Want Your Business to Increase Sales? Just Ask Why!

eWomenNetwork President, Kym Yancey, explains in the video above a simple and yet extremely effective approach to increasing your sales. First, don’t just take “no” for an answer. I don’t mean you bombard your prospect with desperate emails or harassing phone calls. Kym says when you are told “no” by a prospect, simply ask them why they said no. Sometimes you’ll be surprised at how you can overcome their objection and solve the issue at hand.

But by the same token, when a customer says, “yes,” to your product or service, don’t stop there. Ask them why they chose you as well. In each case you have nothing to lose, only to learn. The more you understand your customer and what makes you unique, the more confidence you will have in what you have to offer.

Click Here to watch Kym Yancey’s video.

Sign in to leave a comment

To install this Web App in your iPhone/iPad press and then Add to Home Screen.